We believe every month should be child abuse prevention month, but this designation is an important period for building awareness for this important issue.
If you’re looking for resources to help keep the children in your care safe, here are a few suggestions:
- The U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services Child Welfare website has this comprehensive guide.
- The Safer Society Press book Off Limits: A Parent’s Guide for Keeping Kids Safe from Sexual Abuse is an excellent resource for parents and caregivers.
- Feather Berkower, co-author of Off Limits, runs workshops for caregivers. More information here.
- Stop It Now! has a number of resources on their website, as well as a hotline.
- The Stop It Now! guidebooks are available for free viewing here.